Back to School for Students
We are all so excited that the students will be returning to classrooms on Monday 12 October.
All the staff will be so pleased to see and hear students in our classrooms and playground once again.
What to expect on return to onsite learning at school for all students.
- Parents are not to enter school buildings, except the office area and only if necessary.
- Staggered start and end to the school day. Parents can drop their child off between 8:45-9:15am and pick up their child from 3:20-3:40pm. Parents may drop off and pick up their child from the asphalt area or church car park.
- Families are asked to not use the school playground after school.
- Parents must wear face masks when leaving their car to drop off or pick up students.
- Parents must minimise their time on or around school grounds and practise physical distancing.
- Parents must not congregrate at school entry and exit points.
- Based on the recent information from the Acting Deputy Chief Health Officer temperature testing of students in NOT REQUIRED IN TERM 4.
- Hygiene requirements including hand washing will continue to be practised.
- Any member of staff or student who is unwell must not attend school.
- If a child is unwell at school, parents will be notified to collect their child.
- Students must bring their own water bottle. (Drinking directly from drinking fountains will not be permitted)
- Non contact greetings eg. elbow bump.
- Students in Primary schools are not required to wear face masks.
Click on the link below to view information about transitioning back to school
COVID- SAFE BEHAVIOURS
Adults in our school will:
- PRACTISE GOOD HYGIENE
- ENSURE PHYSICAL DISTANCING
- AVOID INTERACTIONS IN CLOSE SPACES
- WEAR FACE MASKS
COVID- SAFE SPACES
Our Staff will:
- MAKE HAND HYGIENE ACCESSIBLE AND EASY
- KEEP SURFACES CLEAN
- PROMOTE OUTDOOR VENTILATION
- LIMIT ACCESS TO VISITORS
Changes for term 4
Until further notice the following will not occur in term 4 due to COVID-19 Restrictions:
- no lunch orders provided on a Friday, until further notice.
- no level or whole school events/gatherings/masses
Second Hand Uniform Shop
Please contact the email@example.com email to organise a time to come into the second hand uniform shop. Second hand uniforms can be viewed and purchased during school hours. Due to restrictions only one adult at a time can be onsite in the uniform shop.
Hats, Sunglasses and Summer Uniform
Back to school next week means students need to wear summer uniform, hats and sunglasses.
The Swimming Program for 2020 will not take place and therefore the cost of this program will be credited to your family fee accounts. This will mean a credit will appear on your Term 4 Statement for the amount of $110 per child. The credit will be carried forward on your 2021 school fees, except for year 6 students. If your child is in year 6 and you have already paid your fees in full, please contact the school office to arrange a refund.
Thanks to Sam Hatrick from Hatrick Property for providing the sign to welcome back our students and families to term 4. Don’t forget to bring your Spoonville person back to school with you and place him/her with the other Spoonville characters just inside the single gate near the playground slides.
Thank you and Best Wishes
Meghan Horwood, our office manager has accepted another position at Nazareth Secondary College and will finish her work with us on Friday 9 October. I thank Meghan for her work over the last two terms, which in these times has been challenging. Meghan is passionate about supporting schools specifically in the finance area and we wish her well in her future endeavours.
While students and families have been very busy learning at home, we have been working on making some improvements to our school grounds. Mr Harding has continued to look after our garden and plant new plants, as well as make sure our school oval is looking fantastic. We have repainted the lines on the netball and basketball court. We are updating the four square courts and hopscotch areas and we are just waiting for the specialised paint to be delivered. Make sure you look out in the weeks ahead for new signage near our school office which will display our school values.
School Closure/Public Holidays
Friday 23 October - Public Holiday- Grand Final
Monday 2 November- School Closure- Report Writing
Tuesday 3 November- Public Holiday- Melbourne Cup Day
Friday 27 November- School Closure- 2021 Planning
Last Day of term for students- Wednesday 16 December @ 3:30pm
As Melbourne continues to work through the long term plan of a path out of restrictions, we are committed to continuing to provide convenient and safe shopping solutions for our communities.
PSW are now offering delivery or click and collect options for their valued customers.